Silhouette is offering a special deal just for Crafty Nest readers! Until Thursday, March 29, 2012, you can get the Cameo and the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition for $269.99. That’s a screamin’ deal. And if you already own the Cameo, you can get the Designer Edition software for half off. Click “Read more” to find out how and get the discount code.
Here’s how you get the deal:
- Click this link: silhouetteamerica.com/blog-de-3.aspx
- Add the Silhouette Designer Edition bundle or just the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition software to your cart.
- Enter the CRAFTYNEST promotion code.
- Order by Thursday, March 29 to get the discount!
I highly recommend the Cameo. I haven’t tried any other electronic cutting tool, so I can’t compare, but I’m impressed with it so far. The only aspect I’m disappointed in is the inability to cut thicker material. Case in point: This project would have been faster and easier if I could have used two layers of fun foam instead of 10 layers of paper. But when I tried to cut a sheet of foam with the CAMEO, it only cut about 1/3 of the way through—even on the thickest setting. I definitely think Silhouette needs to add foam sheets as an option. Can you imagine all the fabulous foam stamps we could make?!
I bought the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition software mainly for the ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files, but it has other features:
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing